BRIGHT SIDE OF FEAR

 "Fear" is a word that seems dangerous or a feeling of extreme negative emotions in oneself- it is a response to our physical and emotional danger, an unpleasant emotion in response to perceived risk or threat. Fear causes physiological and behavioural changes in the humans' reaction to the situation.

Like other emotions, fear is also essential in human life. However, according to humans, "All emotions can be managed but fear is hard to deal with because it always brings negativity in a person's life". This simple response comes because as we grow, we are taught by our parents and elders, "Don't be scared". This phrase directly or indirectly leads our thinking towards negativity in adulthood, we learn to hide or ignore our fear because we want to avoid negativity in our lives. 

 Is it right to avoid the fear or is it important to acknowledge the fear?
Avoidance behaviour is a way to cope with uncomfortable thoughts and feelings and it leads to anxiety, it suppresses in a place where all memories or details are hidden from an individual's awareness. Acknowledging the issue is the most difficult challenge that humans experience. To solve any problem the first step is to recognise the issue, as ignoring it will prevent a solution from being found. It's true, sometimes we create problems in our minds that don't exist in reality. Our thoughts and emotions can be powerful and can sometimes trick us into thinking something is a problem or fear when it's not. It's important to take a step back and evaluate the situation objectively to determine if it's truly a problem or fear, or if it's just our perception playing tricks on us.

We let our fear control us but in reality, fear itself is not our real problem. Our real problem is that we are always fearful of the wrong things. Fear offers opportunities for us and we miss those opportunities always because of our fear of focusing on the wrong things only. We always notice the fear's warnings but ignore its guidance. If we can stop viewing the stress and fear that often accompanies it as negative and if we try to see the potential benefits of the fear, on that day we're on our way to change the relationship with fear. 
The process of working with fear is not a one-day process fear isn't just about using some strategies to solve every problem, It's about changing your attitude towards fear, Understanding it has something to offer you, and then doing the work to identify your fear and trying to shift your pattern of distractions whenever it appears, the first step and most important step is to transform the fear from a negative to positive.

The simple exercise you could do to close the gap with your fear and accept your fear.
We all are busy with our lives and don't have time to acknowledge our pain. We must acknowledge the presence of the pain we have. Just close your eyes take a deep breath and silently say- "I see you", To your pain to breathe in repeat "I see you my pain. I see you my fear" and when you breathe out say"I see you and I'm here with you. I see you and I m here for you". Pain and fear make us pay attention. Or it should be. When we say "I see you, "we are giving it the attention it asks for, just like a person who is crying to be heard and held.
Try to feel the emotion because it is not separate from you try to shift from I am angry to I feel angry. I feel sad. I feel afraid. A simple change by changing the words makes us put the emotions in the right place.

'Fear doesn't exist anywhere, except in our mind". - Dale Carnegie


Thank You, 
Payal Maheshwari

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE ROLE OF EMPATHY IN CONFLICT MANAGEMENT

MENTAL HEALTH APPS ARE GAINING TRACTION